The American Council of Education (ACE) recommends three lower level baccalaureate credits. However, before investing your time, effort, and money in any study guide or content review – ensure your school accepts this test for credit. The test will contain 100 questions with a time limit of two hours.
Preparing for the test:
- Ensure your higher-level institution will accept the exam for credit. Do this before anything else.
- Textbooks are released fairly often, and they don’t generally change dramatically from year to year. To prepare for this test, find a textbook that is less than five years old at a reasonable cost. To ensure the textbook will meet your needs, compare the table of contents (generally reviewable on the site of purchase) to the DSST content guide.
- Test and retest yourself based on your content studying from Step 2 by using free flashcards.
- Learn how to prepare and control test taking panic.
- Take some of the guesswork out of multiple-choice questions.
- Take the DSST practice test.
- Locate a test center and schedule your exam.